Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA-55xx NG IDFW CDA Alternative

Mohammed Islam
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am looking to implement IDFW on the network using Cisco ASA 55xx NG appliances.  I understand the Context Directory Agent is not supported on ESXi 5.5 upwards and also potential support issues with Windows 2012 too.  Looking at the download section it seems the CDA has not had any development since 2014.  My question is;

1. What is the alternative to CDA to provide IDFW on the ASA-55xx NG's - ISE/ISE-PICS?

2. If ISE/ISE-PICS - can someone provide me some documents around it as I cannot find anything in relation to ASA 55xx NG's

Thanks in advance!

Mo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IDFW on ASA still requires CDA.  There has been a recent patch for CDA published to support up to Windows 2016.  ISE / ISE-PIC does not currently support the sharing of identity information to ASA as it lacks the CDA RADIUS interface it requires.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

IDFW on ASA still requires CDA.  There has been a recent patch for CDA published to support up to Windows 2016.  ISE / ISE-PIC does not currently support the sharing of identity information to ASA as it lacks the CDA RADIUS interface it requires.

Regards,

-Tim

But the CDW is not maintained any longer and has not been for a good 3-4 years..

Additionally, CDA is not supported on ESXi 5.5 above and I believe there are support issues with Windows 2012/2016.

I had raised a TAC case in too and they have confirmed ISE can do IDFW with ASA 55xx?

But the CDW is not maintained any longer and has not been for a good 3-4 years..

Additionally, CDA is not supported on ESXi 5.0 and above and I believe there are support issues with Windows 2012/2016.

I had raised a TAC case too and they have confirmed ISE can do IDFW with ASA 55xx?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: