cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 No logging in web GUI

odsca1337
Level 1
Level 1

We're having issues with Cisco ISE not showing any logs in web GUI. The logs show up in 'Show logging' CLI, but it doesnt seem to present itself to the GUI.

We have a 2 node cluster, with roles split.

The issue started while on 2.1. The admin node went down, and was down for 3 days, no hands on support so we decided to promote the node thats up to admin. Once the first node was brought online, we promoted it back to admin node, and that when our logging issue started. Opened up TAC and was told to install patch 5, but that didnt fix issue, then was told to upgrade to 2.3 and install patch 1, and that still didnt resolve our issue. We're running ISE right now without logging - it's like flying blind.

Any ideas one what i can do? Logging works, we're just not seeing in on the web guiISE home page.JPGtacacs logs.JPGno live logs.JPG

Let me know if you need any information.

Thanks in advance guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would recommend you go to the TAC and escalate if the issue is not being resolved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Would recommend you go to the TAC and escalate if the issue is not being resolved.

Wanted to see if any from the community has had this issue and resolved it. I currently have a TAC case opened as mentioned above - it's also at the highest escalation i can get it to right now. It's been opened for a whole month now with no resolution yet. Im also not looking to refresh the ISE nodes - thats not an option.

ok understood, please do escalate to a duty manager if not going anywhere, ask them for a case with the BU if you don't already have one

If you would like us to review your case, please provide the TAC case number. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: