Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE 2.3 Patch 5 - Huawei Switches Windows Sudden Problems

pgiouvanellis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone ,

We have an ISE deployment on one of our customers with 2 PAN and 4 PSN nodes .

The customer has a network of bracnhes (about 500 in number ) where had Cisco Switches and decided 

to change Cisco with Huawei Switches , despite of our advise .

The roll out is in progress and we start facing problems with Braches with Huawei Switches after the roll out .

The problem is that in some endpoints when the endpoint power on is goes into a mab loop and tries all time to 

authenticate with MAB and not with 802.1x .After some reboots the endpoint successfully performs 802.1x and gets 

network access .

I want to ensure that there is no problem with ISE ,since we did not faced any familiar problem with Cisco Switches and also if snyone had familiar problem with Huawei Switches .

I want to notice that the problem occurs until now only in morning hours when the users turn on the endpoints and try to login , we are not facing the problem other hours of the day .

Thank You ,

Palaiologos 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Would recommend opening support case with Huawei and cisco tac to debug

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>... despite of our advise .

- That is indeed the core problem as ISE is tightly integrated with CISCO solutions and switches I strongly advise against doing that ('switching(!)' to other vendor solutions when ISE was already in place).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Would recommend opening support case with Huawei and cisco tac to debug

Hello ,

Thanks for advises i just only wanted to be sure and see if anyone else has issues with non-Cisco Switches if anyone

implement ISE with non-Cisco Switches .

Thanks .

Yes there are many deploying. Discussion on the community have been ongoing for a couple years

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-third-party-nad-profiles-and-configs/ta-p/3648719

Just recently someone using H3C wireless for example
https://community.cisco.com/t5/identity-services-engine-ise/h3c-wx-series-and-central-web-auth/m-p/3730706#M19552

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: