Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE and Restful-API base consumption

trondaker
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a ISE deployment running 2.4 path 5, and recently discovered that we exceed our base license count. The license count is higher then actual endpoints, so couldnt quite understand what was going on. I see now that the restful api is consuming base licenses, but cant quite quantify how many? We have a python-based crawler attaching to our switches, pushing in what mac is attached to what switch/port/lastseen and so on. The crawler spawns 8 processes running, so at most 8 sites are crawled at once - so shouldnt that just be 8 licences at most being consumed by the restful api part? Because it looks like it uses a lot more then 8 - could it be an idle connection issue, that the requests package isnt properly closing the connections? 

Guess the question is, can i see anywhere a breakdown of base license consumption?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guess the question is, can i see anywhere a breakdown of base license consumption?

See my response at ISE Licensing - Incorrectly Showing Used Plus Licenses

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See my response at ISE Licensing - Incorrectly Showing Used Plus Licenses

Thanks hslai, useful information! I still cant quite understand whats going on here, because in that report we currently have 501 active, and we have over 10x that in licenses - and its warning about a 10% overuse on that number?!

The info I have indicated license consumptions beyond 125% are considered over consumption. I will try confirming this info.