Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE ERS Guest API Changng Mandatory Fields

Hi,

Is it possible to make the following ISE  fields not mandatory for creating ISE guest portal accounts through the REST API (https://x.x.x.x:9060/ers/config/guestuser). If so how?

• portalId
  • guestType
The ISE 2.3 ERS SDK API Documentation shows that they are not required, however my testing indicates that they are.

Error from POSTMAN with json

"title": "Validation Error - Mandatory fields missing: [portalId, guestType, location]",

Reference: https://x.x.x.x:9060/ers/sdk#Create

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I canā€™t see how the portalid can be made optional as itā€™s required to associate settings notifications and other info, the same goes for the guest type

My thoughts are that The location shouldnā€™t be required if youā€™re using from first login as location is used for time zones but this might not be how its currently designed

I see some defects possible here and will research it

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I canā€™t see how the portalid can be made optional as itā€™s required to associate settings notifications and other info, the same goes for the guest type

My thoughts are that The location shouldnā€™t be required if youā€™re using from first login as location is used for time zones but this might not be how its currently designed

I see some defects possible here and will research it

Thanks Jason

Do you know if it is possible to pass some of the fields (eg. portalId) in the api url instead of in the post body? That could be another way around this.

Also, would you happen to know if these new mandatory fields since 2.0, as the third-party vendor (PassagePoint) says this was previously working without those three fields in 2.0. My testing is with ISE 2.3.

Thanks

Chris

. :|: . :|: . Chris Hobbs | Systems Engineer | Cisco Systems, Inc. | Phone: 703-484-7217<tel:703-484-7217> | Video & Email: chrhobbs@cisco.com<mailto:chrhobbs@cisco.com>

I Spoke to our sme and he said itā€™s a documentation bug as these are required, please have one opened

i can see where the location might not be critical for from first login and this could be another defect

the other question is still outstanding

I just asked our SME radmedur  on the API to respond. He is going to have the SDK for the mandatory fields corrected.

Can you please explain further your issues.

Thanks Jason

Jason ā€“ did you confirm that all three fields are mandatory (portalId, location, guestType)?

Yes they are required. If youā€™re using fromfirstlogin guest type however I can see where a location shouldnā€™t be required. Please open a defect with the TAC on that one. They can also open a defect for the SDK docs being wrong

Thanks, will do.