Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - Mac OS 10.13 Native Supplicant Support

Ashley Sahonta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a roadmap to support Mac OS 10.13 native supplicant? When will Mac OS 10.13 be supported for BYOD?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

For network auth it is supported today.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

For network auth it is supported today.

Hi,

I have edited the post, the question is specific to BYOD...

What’s the issue? Are you talking about the Native supplicant provisioning wizard. It’s already supported today we have zero day support if it’s not working have you opened a tac case

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Jason,

The following appears when trying to provision the Mac:

BYOD Issue - Mac.jpg

Hi Jason,

That is query is urgent, are you able to advise ASAP?

Please open a tac case then

Hi Jason,

The following link suggests that version 10.12 has been tested and validated (no release beyond 10.12) https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/compatibility/b_ise_sdt_24.html#applemacosx

If I open a TAC case, surely they will come back that it is not supported, as suggested by the message displayed.

Are you saying you have seen Mac OS 10.13 used for BYOD provisioning and has worked?

Please open a tac case and get a bug if deemed appropriate. This is the current path to resolution for urgent issues. And yes even though it’s not listed in compatibility it should be supported with latest

If not already done, please perform an update on ISE posture feed to get the latest Cisco support for client OS. This posture feed is how ISE updates for newer client OS releases.

Yes, our team has tested macOS 10.13 with SPW 2.2.1.43. I tried it myself last week with ISE 2.4.

Ok, thank you.

How can we ensure future releases are supported?

ISE is updating the client OS support chart via the posture update feed and the latest SPW releases via the client provisioning update feed. There are offline update options for both.

Our team is also testing the major new client OS releases and usually able to get them supported in 3 ~ 4 weeks after the official releases.

I will open a doc bug to update the ISE compatibility guide.

Many thanks. That is certainly helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: