Replies

Cisco ISE My Devices Portal hide button

laposilaszlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to hide the Lost and Stolen buttons from the My Devices portal:

image.png

I managed to identify them, for example the Lost one is id="ui_manage_devices_actions_lost_button":

<a href="#lost" data-role="button" id="ui_manage_devices_actions_lost_button" class="manageDevicesToolbarLost ui-btn ui-shadow ui-btn-corner-all ui-first-child ui-btn-up-a" data-corners="true" data-shadow="true" data-iconshadow="true" data-wrapperels="span" data-theme="a"><span class="ui-btn-inner"><span class="ui-btn-text">
Lost</span></span></a>

But if i put the folliwing script under My Devices/Manage Devices/ Optional Content 2 it is not working:

<script>

(function(){

$(document).ready(function() {

$(".ui_manage_devices_actions_lost_button").hide();

});

})();

</script>

Does someone know what the problem is?

Thanks,

Laszlo

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Make sure you enabled the html JavaScript under admin settings

Also it looks like your function isn’t closed out properly?

See other working examples here

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-guest-amp-web-authentication/ta-p/3657224#toc-hId-1389247084

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Why are you using Java script to do something ISE allows you to do in the GUI.  The options are in a well hidden totally illogical screen that my customers and I laugh about every time I show them.

Capture.JPG

Hi,

I found that option but for me it only removes the button from the page where you sellect an individual endpoint.

And not from the page where you can see the list of andpoints.

Thanks

Laszlo

What version are you on?  I don't see those buttons and I am showing the same screen you showed in the original post.

Capture.JPG

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have my fingers crossed that the my devices portal will get a complete rework.  It needs identity group aware RBAC, onboarding headless devices is a weak point with ISE.  

Please provide that in ise feedback and throughout channel as well. I know they are looking for priority
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: