cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco ISE Pluse license consumption

Hi ,

Could you please confirm  scenario below ? Cisco ISE with 5000 Base License  for 1000 Devices  (Non 802.1x Supported devices,Printer,IP phone etc. ) and 4000 Laptops .

1.Can i buy  only 100 Plus licenses to classify all the 1000 (Non 802.1x Supported  ) devices using profiling ?

2.If i MAB  only 100 (Non 802.1x) devices at a time and let the pulse license classify and put them in a group .and repeat the steps for remaining   900 devices .

3. Once the database with MAC of these 1000 devices  is build, move all the  Database to the a new group and apply authorization policy by using only base license . 

Reason of doing this to save the Plus License expenses . 

Can someone confirm it this works? Thanks a ton..

Regards,

MD

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Cisco ISE Pluse license consumption

Working around the licensing is not supported or designed but you are likely to try, sounds right

View solution in original post

Cisco Employee

I’m sure there’s many people who have tried this out there but is nothing documented as official support or write up from our Cisco side Besides that it sounds correct. Give it a shot.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Working around the licensing is not supported or designed but you are likely to try, sounds right

Beginner

Hi jason,

Thanks for your response, I am kinda looking for a confirmation on this approach. if someone had tried it or Cisco confirms.

Beginner

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your response, I am kinda looking for a confirmation on this approach and understand of any loopholes if we do it in production. if someone had tried it or Cisco confirms.
Cisco Employee

I’m sure there’s many people who have tried this out there but is nothing documented as official support or write up from our Cisco side Besides that it sounds correct. Give it a shot.