Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Pluse license consumption

munish.dhiman1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

Could you please confirm  scenario below ? Cisco ISE with 5000 Base License  for 1000 Devices  (Non 802.1x Supported devices,Printer,IP phone etc. ) and 4000 Laptops .

1.Can i buy  only 100 Plus licenses to classify all the 1000 (Non 802.1x Supported  ) devices using profiling ?

2.If i MAB  only 100 (Non 802.1x) devices at a time and let the pulse license classify and put them in a group .and repeat the steps for remaining   900 devices .

3. Once the database with MAC of these 1000 devices  is build, move all the  Database to the a new group and apply authorization policy by using only base license . 

Reason of doing this to save the Plus License expenses . 

Can someone confirm it this works? Thanks a ton..

Regards,

MD

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Working around the licensing is not supported or designed but you are likely to try, sounds right

View solution in original post

I’m sure there’s many people who have tried this out there but is nothing documented as official support or write up from our Cisco side Besides that it sounds correct. Give it a shot.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Working around the licensing is not supported or designed but you are likely to try, sounds right

Hi jason,

Thanks for your response, I am kinda looking for a confirmation on this approach. if someone had tried it or Cisco confirms.

Hi Jason,
Thanks for your response, I am kinda looking for a confirmation on this approach and understand of any loopholes if we do it in production. if someone had tried it or Cisco confirms.

I’m sure there’s many people who have tried this out there but is nothing documented as official support or write up from our Cisco side Besides that it sounds correct. Give it a shot.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: