Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE Profiling

Arjun176
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

As a testing i have three profiling for 3 different endpoint, Conference Phone(Working fine) , Printer and Camera. 

i have hierarchy profiling for Printers and camera, I am be see the Printer and camera is matching the correct Authorization Policy. But in the am not able see the endpoint profile in the live logs for the Printer/Camera 

In the license it show there are 2 plus license consumed. Am not sure the if the Printer/Camera profiling is working. 

Is it possible to check which endpoint is consuming the plus license. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We don't have the ability to tell you exactly which endpoint is consuming a plus license however we can give you a good idea based on the RADIUS live logs.  A plus license is consumed if you use profile policy inside authorization policy.  For every endpoint that matches the authorization rule using profile policy, a plus license is consumed and will continue to use it for the duration of the RADIUS session.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We don't have the ability to tell you exactly which endpoint is consuming a plus license however we can give you a good idea based on the RADIUS live logs.  A plus license is consumed if you use profile policy inside authorization policy.  For every endpoint that matches the authorization rule using profile policy, a plus license is consumed and will continue to use it for the duration of the RADIUS session.

Regards,

-Tim

hi,

Yes, that is my understanding also but there are 3 profiling created and matched in 3 different Authz policies.

Profiling is working fine for Phones, i can see the Endpoint Profile for the Phones. In Radius live logs 

But  for Camera or Printer, In Radius live log there is no Endpoint Profile but it is matching the correct AuthZ policy. 

But license consumed is 2 so am not sure profiling is working for which endpoint Camera or Printer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: