cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE - Send notification email after guest user change password at first login

wangrui
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

We configured a guest portal to force users to change their password at first login. 

Just wondering if any way to send notification email with visible password to user registered email? 

I have noticed there was an option to allow user mail the credentials to self on Self-Registration Page but not on Change Password page. The current email notification function only send ISE generated password.

Can JavaScript do that? Thanks!

Regards,

Ricky

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Not a feature, you might be able to make your own portal to change the password and capture it. Otherwise feature request as require backend changes

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Not a feature, you might be able to make your own portal to change the password and capture it. Otherwise feature request as require backend changes

Thanks Jason! further to this, I have found the URL: "SendNotification.action?notificationType=email" can trigger the email notification, but the password is hidden in the email. Once I capture the user changed password, how can I transfer it to $ui_password$. Am I able to call the function in guest.app.js? Thanks!

Checking on this

I spoke with engineering about this and they don’t see a possibility for this to happen without a future request. You can do this by providing http://cs.co/ise-feedback 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: