Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ISE SNS-3415 goes EOL 2021 but software 2019

tibbe78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have a question regarding the support lifetime of Cisco ISE SNS-3415. The hardware goes EOL 2021 but the software 2019.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/eos-eol-notice-c51-737032.html

Last Date of Support: App. SW

The last date to receive applicable service and support for the product as entitled by active service contracts or by warranty terms and conditions. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete.

October 31, 2019

Last Date of Support:
HW

The last date to receive applicable service and support for the product as entitled by active service contracts or by warranty terms and conditions. After this date, all support services for the product are unavailable, and the product becomes obsolete.

October 31, 2021

So I wonder what this actually means. what software does the 2019 date refer to? Is it not possible to update the 3415 hardware with the latest software after 2019 and still be supported?

the software license is:

SW-3415-ISE-K9

Cisco ISE Software for SNS-3415-K9

See the Product Migration Options section below for detailed information on replacing this product.

and it don't refer to any specific version of ISE as I can see.

And that's why I wonder what this means for a customer who want to continue use the SNS-3415 hardware after 2019. Is it still possible and also be supported?

Best Regards Christofer

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The customer can use the appliance after 2019 so long as they are running a newer version of ISE that supports it.  Support for the appliance regardless of software will end in 2021.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The customer can use the appliance after 2019 so long as they are running a newer version of ISE that supports it.  Support for the appliance regardless of software will end in 2021.

Regards,

-Tim

I want to know one more thing regarding software support. I have a Cisco ISE appliance 3415 and I upgrade to a version compatible with this appliance.

If the upgraded version has a bug, will the Cisco TAC Team support in the bug fix or there won't be any support after October 2019 for the particular appliance.

tibbe78
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

-Tibbe

William Eckler
Level 1
Level 1

I was wondering the exact same thing when I read the End of Support doc... I'm glad you asked the question.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: