cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CoA NAKs between PSNs

paul
Level 10
Level 10

In 2.3, in my live logs I see a pretty constant stream of dynamic author failures and if you dig into them they are CoA Requests between the PSNs with the receiving PSN NAKing it.  I think it is MAR cache sync causing the CoAs as I see this in the details:

acs:mar-cache-operation=query-entry, cts-pac-opaque=****

We aren't using MAR cache, and I don't have MAR cache distribution enabled.

I am just treating this as noise in the live logs, but wanted to know if I should be digging into this.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue -- CSCve84667 -- and planned for 2.3 Patch 1.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known issue -- CSCve84667 -- and planned for 2.3 Patch 1.

Can you give a rough idea on when to expect Patch 1?

Sorry but we cannot comment on a release date in a public forum. It's taking more time as we are adding a couple of critical fixes.

it seems I have the same problem and I am running version 2.4 patch 11 and that indicated this has been fixed in 2.4. Are we sure this bug did not come back?

marco.merlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Actually I have the reverse problem: mar cache distribution is enabled but apparentely not working. Since both TAC and my TAM are not able to provide me any useful troubleshooting tip might you please so kind to tell me how did you get the logs messages you indeed didn't expect?

Regards

MM

If tac is it useful please escalate the case

Thanks

At the end I figured how to get the log messages I need setting aaa-runtime log  at trace level.

Details here

https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-bug-discussions/cscvo73749-mar-cache-distribution-is-not-enabled-even-when-it/m-p/3872315/highlight/false#M9474

Regards

M