Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Context Visibility not working

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you guys encountered the issue that when you click on the Context Visibility page, I get the attached error (I am after a hostname change, but stayed in the same domain).

"Unable to load Context Visibility page. Ensure that reverse DNS lookup is configured for all Cisco ISE nodes in your distributed deployment in the DNS server(s). Exception: all shards failed"

I re-generated the ISE CA Chain and DNS records are also OK. I tried a lot of other settings too, but none of them solved the problem. 

Do you have any suggestion about where else should I investigate? (I am using ISE 2.6, standalone deployment)

Thank you,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ensure Reverse DNS is configured for ISE - You need to be able to resolve IPs to DNS name.
So make sure you add the DNS PTR records.

Refer : Community Thread

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ensure Reverse DNS is configured for ISE - You need to be able to resolve IPs to DNS name.
So make sure you add the DNS PTR records.

Refer : Community Thread

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi @Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran ,

Where the DNS PTR records should be added ?  i am having the same issue.

''Unable to load Context Visibility page. Ensure that reverse DNS lookup is configured for all Cisco ISE nodes in your distributed deployment in the DNS server(s). Exception: all shards failed''

Thanks,
Sudarshan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: