Views
Helpful
Replies

Create custom guest user names

ppsychog
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have a question from a customer regarding creating custom guest usernames. What they want to achieve is basically this:

Guest email is some_user@some_domain -------> Guest username becomes random_username@custom_suffix. The idea is to use one custom suffix for all guest users (i.e. guests.local), having the option to select from different suffixes is nice to have as well.

They have multiple ISE deployments on their network serving different customers and relying a lot on forwarding requests based on suffixes. For guest users though they do not want to use email addresses as usernames due to their privacy policies and want to use a custom suffix to forward guest authentication to the appropriate ISE deployment.

Is this something that can be done?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot set the username via the sponsor portal but you can do this via the API with some outside development work

Please get customer names and use case to the ise product management team through your sales channel

Sent from my iPhone

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot set the username via the sponsor portal but you can do this via the API with some outside development work

Please get customer names and use case to the ise product management team through your sales channel

Sent from my iPhone