cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device-tracking and dot1x COA on 16.9.2 (3850 stack)

ergamusai
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 4 switch 3850 stack on the 16.9.2 code

I'm building a new ISE server on 2.4 code (the production one is 2.2). My clients authenticate, reach the Posture-Unknown authorization profile, but then they don't get provisioned.

This is the device tracking policy for my trunk ports

device-tracking policy DEVICE-TRACKING-UPLINK
trusted-port
device-role switch
no protocol udp

DHCP snooping enabled for the user VLAN and that automatically enables DT-PROGRAMMATIC  policy.

Cisco TAC suggested to add a policy to the port as well

device-tracking policy ACCESS_IPv4_GUARD
trusted-port
limit address-count 2
no protocol udp
tracking enable

According to TAC device-tracking config is correct and ISE config is correct. But the clients get stuck in Posture -Unkown auth profile.

This stack has been in production for a long time, along with ise server, and since the upgrade and device-tracking configuration, new clients don't get provisioned. I have to switch the  clients to wireless, in order for the ConnectionData.xml file to be updated, afterwards they can provision.

All of this works in my test stack, (2-3850s, same code), I can provision clients in the production ISE and test ISE.

I'm at loss at what else I can do,  besides rebooting the production stack after hours.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I hope this issue already resolved. If not, please continue working with Cisco TAC.

As you mentioned needing ConnectionData.xml updated, the issue might be around URL redirect by the switch.

ISE Posture Style Comparison for Pre and Post 2.2 - Cisco has a lot of detailed info.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I hope this issue already resolved. If not, please continue working with Cisco TAC.

As you mentioned needing ConnectionData.xml updated, the issue might be around URL redirect by the switch.

ISE Posture Style Comparison for Pre and Post 2.2 - Cisco has a lot of detailed info.