Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet deployment best practices

rovargas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is there any best practices document or training focusing on explaining Ethernet deployment best practices?

After dealing with many many Ethernet deployments, most of the issues I have to deal with are adjacent to ISE (i.e. Windows machine/user auth, Endpoint remote reimage, RDP access, how to properly deal with non-802.1x devices...).

I think having such document/training will greatly help us to avoid common issues that arises in Ethernet deployments (sometimes months after the project is started, so creating cust frustration). This will become even more relevant as SDA/DNA gets traction.

TX

3 Replies 3

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have a tremendous lot of information of designs/how to and best practices,

Check out the ISE section in the following link

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64012#jive_content_id_Cisco

Thanks Danny, this is exactly the point.

We have lots of dispersed information. What I was looking for is something consolidating what is useful in a very specific and common scenario (Ethernet deployments).

I understand what your saying but there are just so many features and ways deployments can be done , there is no RIGHT way cause it really comes down to the requirements that varies among customers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: