cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend ISE guest portal to serve custom content

jdal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Another request related to guest portal, my customer (still the same) would like to tweak their ISE portals by adding some extra pages to provide support/training to their users.

I don't think this is something we would support. I've explored the ISE portal builder option but even there I don't think we'd have the option to create our own web pages. Could you confirm?

An alternative would be to used the standard portal pages and "enrich" them with pdf. However I've tried to import a pdf in the custom portal files but it doesn't seem to be supported. 

Is there any other way to achieve that? Any plan to support that in the future?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-07-25 at 19.23.08.pngunsupported fileunsupported file

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Upload HTML pages in custom portal files and provide links to these from the guest portal pages.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Upload HTML pages in custom portal files and provide links to these from the guest portal pages.

Thanks, that should do the trick!!

Out of curiosity, any specific reasons why pdf would not be supported ( that sounds a bit more relevant than audio file imho)

JF

Then what? Excel word? Really never thought people would be hosting anything except for web content
Audio files would host jingles advertisements perhaps announcements?

It’s not a file server . You could host these on another server But can see your point

Why not xls, doc, zip,...? I don't really see the point of restricting the content type. Best for the customers to decide what to do with their 200MB! I'm sure the feature would be pretty appealing to some customers!

In any case, I think this feature should be disabled by default, by allowing ppl to upload files that will be processed by the ISE webserver, we are reducing the integrity of the system imho.

Only my 2 cents ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: