cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External DB integration push the parameter to ISE

maheshpathak
Level 1
Level 1

Can I Assign VLAN to the user using external DB, What I wish to do, there will be an APP who will store user ID and the required VLAN in DB, which will be changed based user assigned to the project or to share the resource scenario, he can choose the project allocation. The app DB will interact with ISE to push the VLAN id/name to appropriate port.Any help is it possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Howon, this is helpful. let me try with ISE 2.1

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, here is an example using AD attribute:

Dynamic Attribute with ISE: VLAN Assignment

maheshpathak
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Howon for your response. However, I have an application who decides the VLAN dynamically and it has the DB. I Wish to sync the VLAN field from this database instead of Active directory attribute. SO the above solution is not to my help. Is there anyway I Can federate my application or DB with ISE that will influence the VLAN attribute for the user.

Mahesh, ISE 2.1+ also supports SQL DB as identity source and you can do the same outlined in the link above for SQL as well. You can reference following document for creating DB and stored procedures for ISE/SQL integration:

Configure ISE 2.1 with MS SQL using ODBC - Cisco

Thanks Howon, this is helpful. let me try with ISE 2.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: