Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Portal Login Page Initial Bypass

ryans2
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi All,

I have been attempting to setup the guest portal in ISE to bypass the login page initially and go first to the self-registration page.  I used the script in this link here:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/login-page-auto-redirect-to-create-an-account-page/ta-p/3640490

Under the Use Case 3 script 2 which works perfect for the Default Self-Registered Guest Portal in ISE however when I create a new Self-Registered Guest Portal and configure it the same way I had the default portal as the script no longer works.  I do not know scripting so I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light as to why that script doesn't work with the new portal I created even though the config is the same as the default portal and how I may be able to get this to work with the new portal. 

Thank you in advance,

Ryan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you try copying the portal with the script already there?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you try copying the portal with the script already there?

Originally I did not but just tried that and yes that works.  Any reason why it wouldn't work when you just create a new one?

I looked at the script and there is nothing tying it to the default portal. All I can think is maybe a copy/paste issue with implementation

When I used the following script on ISE 2.2 to bypass the initial Login page it worked:

<script>

$(document).on('pageshow', function() {

if

(!(/selfregistrationcancel|selfregistrationsuccess|SELF_REGISTRATION/i).test(document.location.href)) {

$('#ui_login_self_reg_button').click();

}

});

</script>

But when I used the same script on ISE 2.3 patch 5, it gave the following error:

[ 400 ] Bad Request

The request is invalid due to malformed syntax or invalid data

Any idea?

Where are you seeing this error?

The error showed on the guest captive portal. I could see the initial Login page showing up first and quickly going to the page that showed the "[ 400 ] Bad Request" error. It seems that the initial Login page was bypassed but went into error.

Jason,

Thank you for the response earlier on this and while I was testing this in the lab it did work when I applied it to the Default Guest Portal and also when I duplicated it.  But for some reason it would not work when I created a new Guest Portal and applied it. I now have a customer that has told me they no longer have the default guest portal and the 3 or 4 portals they created from using the new option none of them are working with the script.  Any ideas on a way we could get this to work or is this a potential TAC case.  Thank you again for you input.

Thanks,

Ryan

I would recommend working through the TAC open a case and we will coordinate with a scripter to see whats going on.

Hi Jason,

I went ahead and got a TAC case opened up about 2 weeks ago when you recommended it but they seem to be struggling on where to go with it since it involves scripting.  Do you know of anything I can pass onto to them to help guide them in the right direction?

Thanks,

Ryan

Please ask the TAC to work with ISE portal builder team
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: