cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Portal with IP Chrome Connect to Network Error

Freemen
Level 1
Level 1

ISE2.6 guest portal redirect with IP chrome have issue.

my ISE guest cert is signed with public CA, however due to guest design, we redirect the IP of the DMZ instead of hostname, 

thus the CN is not contain the IP.

is that the Chrome behavior?

guest portal chrome.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will need to have a well known certificate to use with clients connecting to ISE
the certificate will need to have the IP address of the PSN(s) in the certificate SAN
Some good documents with guest and certificates

ISE Guest Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide 

How To Implement Digital Certificates in ISE 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jj27
Spotlight
Spotlight

It is the behavior of any browser and how certificates to work to validate the identity of websites.  You have a few options to fix the certificate issue.  What is the common name of your certificate?

ie and firefox able to just let me connect with continue with accept certificate warning, but Chrome not even shown the proceed with certificate warning.

due to some reason, dns cannot be shared, thus we only can redirect IP

You will need to have a well known certificate to use with clients connecting to ISE
the certificate will need to have the IP address of the PSN(s) in the certificate SAN
Some good documents with guest and certificates

ISE Guest Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide 

How To Implement Digital Certificates in ISE 

Thanks, I aware the proper certificate is required, but just think chrome is too hardened.. even I want to accept the security warning also can't 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: