Helpful
Replies

Guest portal with OTP implementation

jboixade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I would like to know if the following implementation can be done on ISE:

*   Guest opens self-register portal and already sees the fields that he has to fill in

*   Guest fill the fields and clicks register

*   Username and password is send to linux machine where OTP key will be generated

*   OTP key is send to ISE

*   ISE sends OTP key to customer via SMS

*   Meanwhile on ISE we are seeing the page after registration with guest username and password created and login button

*   Guest receives OTP key and configures it to Google Authenticator

*   Guest clicks login button and uses credentials shown before and the code generated by Google Authenticator

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This seems rather excessive for Guest access. I don't understand Why this is necessary.

I would recommend that you do this with a separate Guest Portal web site that does all of these operations and finally just pushes the Guest username and password (whatever OTP credential you finally decide on) via the REST API to create the  Guest account.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This seems rather excessive for Guest access. I don't understand Why this is necessary.

I would recommend that you do this with a separate Guest Portal web site that does all of these operations and finally just pushes the Guest username and password (whatever OTP credential you finally decide on) via the REST API to create the  Guest account.

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Another option might be to use a Captcha type verification.  Would this work?

Re: Cisco ISE Guest Portal Human Verification

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: