cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Wifi with WLC (no catalyst switch)

vivekkupekar
Level 1
Level 1

Is it mandatory requirement to have catalyst switch in Cisco ISE guest wi-fi setup. I understand that only a Access Point, WLC (for redirection) and ISE PSN node is required.

I was going through the below link and page 17 on the PDF talks about "Deploying ISE for Guest Network Access" which is confusing.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-guest-access-deployment-guide/ta-p/3640475

Cheers,

Vivek

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

You don't need a catalyst switch for guest Wifi.  Just like you said the AP, WLC and ISE is all you need.  if the APs are in FlexConnect mode for guest SSID or you are using Anchor controllers the setup is a bit different, but none of those setups require a catalyst switch.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paul
Level 10
Level 10

You don't need a catalyst switch for guest Wifi.  Just like you said the AP, WLC and ISE is all you need.  if the APs are in FlexConnect mode for guest SSID or you are using Anchor controllers the setup is a bit different, but none of those setups require a catalyst switch.

Thank you Paul. Understood

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Not sure why you asked twice?

Sorry, I realised later that I can directly ask the question on your post :)

Best to open new discussion regardless
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: