cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Historical graph of "Active Endpoints"

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

In ISE v2.2 the "Active Endpoints" dashlet in the ISE homepage does a really good job of providing an (almost) real-time view of the users that have authenticated to the network (and are currently connected).

I am now looking for some kind of report that gives a graph of the "Active Endpoints", every hour. Something like, a bar chart, 9am Monday 50 endpoints connected, 10am 120 endpoints connected, etc. This will give my customer a graphical view of the authentication trends during the working week. I could not find anything in reports that does this, but it does seem like a fairly basic feature.

Note: We do not have Prime, Splunk or wish to use the Rest API for this.

Any ideas?

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per the Release Notes, the Endpoint Capacity dashlet was decommissioned in ISE 2.2 patch 8 to prevent performance issues.

Customers typically leverage additional systems like API toolsets or Splunk dashboards to provide this type of trend reporting.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See Cisco Identity Services Engine API Reference Guide, Release 2.x - Using API calls for Session Management [Cisco Identity…

Scratch the above as you seem not wanting to use REST API.

ISE Dashboard for Endpoints have Endpoint Capability dashlet might fit the bill.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 02.40.06.png

Additionally, ISE licensing page has the usage over time charts, which will give you an idea how the licenses have been used.

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 02.30.04.png

That Endpoint Capability dashlet is exactly what I am looking for.

How do I find it?  Is it only available in 2.4 and up?

I am on 2.2 and the only chart I can find is "Inactive Endpoints" when I drill into the Active Endpoints metric on the home dashboard.

Clipboard01.jpg

Do I need a profiler license?

Or just newer version?

Or some other setting.

As per the Release Notes, the Endpoint Capacity dashlet was decommissioned in ISE 2.2 patch 8 to prevent performance issues.

Customers typically leverage additional systems like API toolsets or Splunk dashboards to provide this type of trend reporting.