cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long can a PSN be disconnected from the ISE cluster?

redstar_cccc
Level 1
Level 1

We have a distributed setup running 2.4 patch 7. We ran into some problems and now one of our PSNs can't start its ISE application services. While we troubleshoot and give it CPR, how long can the PSN be out of the cluster before it needs to be rebuilt and rejoined as a fresh node?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A node will have to be resynced via the "syncup" button from the deployment view if you hit 1,000,000 records pending replication, it will show replication stopped.  I'm not aware if there is a time associated with this as I have always hit the messages pending replication cutoff.  

Edit: with the others, if the application service won't startup you probably have a larger issue with the node.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
If the PSN can’t start its Application Server, it is as good as dead (in most cases). There is no definite time as such for how long you can keep it that way as long as you believe that it can be fixed. Get it checked with TAC. They may bring it back to life.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
How are your vm resources configured? Are you able to start it in safe mode?

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

A node will have to be resynced via the "syncup" button from the deployment view if you hit 1,000,000 records pending replication, it will show replication stopped.  I'm not aware if there is a time associated with this as I have always hit the messages pending replication cutoff.  

Edit: with the others, if the application service won't startup you probably have a larger issue with the node.  

Thank you, the PSN was offline for over a month and we were able to bring the services up and sync it to the cluster again with 700,000 pending records.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: