cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import ISE policy set 2.4

JESSICA Walsh
Level 1
Level 1

How do you import ISE policy sets? They can be exported, therefore they have to be able to be imported, but I can't find the place to do this. Does anyone know?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ability to import them does not exist yet.  Hopefully it is implemented in the future.  

View solution in original post

Didn’t make it in 2.5, can’t discuss futures here sorry

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The ability to import them does not exist yet.  Hopefully it is implemented in the future.  

It was meant to be introduced in ISE 2.4 but it got dropped last minute. I am keeping fingers crossed that it makes it into 2.5 ... the beta for 2.5 was supposed to start this week but has been postponed into the middle of October.

Didn’t make it in 2.5, can’t discuss futures here sorry

What is the purpose of exporting policies in XML if you can't import them anywhere?

In migrating from older installations (1.x to 2.x) a lot of customers want to start with a fresh installation instead of a multi tiered upgrade. In that case, policies have to be re-created. Import would be great and then they can edit or fine tune them.

for now you can use for troubleshooting large rule sets.

Hi @Jason Kunst - I have downloaded a few of these in my life time but I have not been able to view them in a way that makes it easy to understand, or to spot mistakes.  I understand that it's XML and there are XML viewers/editors etc.  But they just display the data in some hierarchy and it's not user friendly.   Any tips or tools that you know of to make this more human readable?

I agree that Policy Import would one day be a nice to have feature :-)

I usually use a web browser to view such XML files, although the libraryConditions are not grouped properly into one BIG hierarchy so I need manually collapse them one-by-one. Below shows the output from Safari on my macOS desktop.

Screen Shot 2019-01-04 at 7.27.22 AM.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: