cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 Guest - upload custom portal page

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have a customer that is planning an upgrade from v1.2 to v2.1. Their current Guest portal flow uses custom portal pages uploaded into ISE, so I have 2 questions.

1. When they perform the upgrade from 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 2.1, will the custom portal pages be removed?
  2. If the pages are removed, how can we upload them again to provide the same portal flow as current? I remember Craig mentioning a workaround for this (I think using the Client Provisioning Resources) but I have not been able to track down any documentation on it.

It would probably be ideal to wait for the feature in 2.2, but the customer has concerns about the EOL of 1.2 and wants to perform the upgrade ASAP.

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have a customer that is planning an upgrade from v1.2 to v2.1. Their current Guest portal flow uses custom portal pages uploaded into ISE, so I have 2 questions.

1. When they perform the upgrade from 1.2 -> 1.3 -> 2.1, will the custom portal pages be removed?

YES, if they must upgrade would recommend 1.2 > 1.4 (latest patch) then to 2.1)

1. If the pages are removed, how can we upload them again to provide the same portal flow as current? I remember Craig mentioning a workaround for this (I think using the Client Provisioning Resources) but I have not been able to track down any documentation on it.

There is no upload support of HTML flows per say. you can upload to file remediation but its not meant for special customized flows

It would probably be ideal to wait for the feature in 2.2, but the customer has concerns about the EOL of 1.2 and wants to perform the upgrade ASAP.

2.2 has custom portal files supported. 1.4, 2.1 can use the file remediation location. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12344731/ise-13-portal-customization-background-image

You should be looking  into deploying 2.1 in the lab and doing a fresh install and having the custom rebuild using the new concept. It sounds like its complex as well. I really only recommend using the portal upgrade as a stop gap. They might even look into the ISE portal builder for support if they don't have the expertise.

Perhaps a parallel system on ISE 2.1.

see the notes on custom portal migrations

Release Notes for Cisco Identity Services Engine, Release 1.3 - Cisco

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

YES, if they must upgrade would recommend 1.2 > 1.4 (latest patch) then to 2.1)

1. If the pages are removed, how can we upload them again to provide the same portal flow as current? I remember Craig mentioning a workaround for this (I think using the Client Provisioning Resources) but I have not been able to track down any documentation on it.

There is no upload support of HTML flows per say. you can upload to file remediation but its not meant for special customized flows

2.2 has custom portal files supported. 1.4, 2.1 can use the file remediation location. https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12344731/ise-13-portal-customization-background-image

You should be looking  into deploying 2.1 in the lab and doing a fresh install and having the custom rebuild using the new concept. It sounds like its complex as well. I really only recommend using the portal upgrade as a stop gap. They might even look into the ISE portal builder for support if they don't have the expertise.

Perhaps a parallel system on ISE 2.1.

see the notes on custom portal migrations

Release Notes for Cisco Identity Services Engine, Release 1.3 - Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: