cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 Using CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name Atrribute Not Working

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 2.1 setup with ASA VPN user.  Two tunnel groups defined on ASA. Use has the ability to select Tunnel-Group when connecting.  I would like ISE to look at that choice and deliver appropriate policy based on user selection.  I can see the correct Tunnel Group name in the ISE Auth record but appears to be ignoring it in policy selection.

ISE policy:

Cisco-VPN3000:CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name MATCHES CertificateAuthPublic

ASA Tunnel Group is name CertificateAuthPublic

It is not matching.  I've tried Contains as well.  I saw there were some issues in with this in 1.x version of ISE.  Should this work in version 2.1?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Problem due to incorrect attributes in AuthZ policy.  Thanks Hslai.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would suggest to DEBUG authentication on runtime-AAA to ensure RADIUS auth requests are sending the attribute.

Furthermore, on epm-pdp, epm-pip, and nsf-session to check session attributes available for authorization.

If you need further help on it, perhaps we may have a WebEx.

I can see the attribute being sent from the ASA to ISE.  It shows up at Other attributes in the Auth detail record:

Other Attributes

ConfigVersionId     113

Device Port     16391

DestinationPort     1645

RadiusPacketType     AccessRequest

Protocol     Radius

NAS-Port     311296

CVPN3000/ASA/PIX7x-Tunnel-Group-Name     CertificateAuthPublic

Nothing showed up in the ise-psc.log with the debugs turned on.

Can we do a webex real quick to see what I am doing wrong?

Problem due to incorrect attributes in AuthZ policy.  Thanks Hslai.

Hi Scamarda.

What do you mean by incorrect attributes in AuthZ policy? We are also having this issue, in our case we are using the tunne-group-name condition to have separate ISE-Posture policies to two different vpn-group in ASA. But this looks to be the same, can you let me know what is the resolution here?