csavas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello community,

how can I create a authorization condition like this in ISE 2.2: (A and B) or C

The idea was to create

CON1=A and B

CON2= CON1 or C

I cannot combine AND/OR operator within one condition, thats why I have to create this model.

But I cannot reuse compound conditions. I can reuse only simple conditions which doesnt help here.

I found that this part of ISE was totally redesigned in ISE 2.3. You can combine operators within one condition, but I am looking for solution in ISE22.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Cengiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, in 2.3 you can use both AND and OR operators in the same rule.  Here is an example:

In this example, you MUST match the first condition AND either the second OR third.

AND_OR.PNG

You could also switch the operators so that you match either the first condition OR the second AND third conditions.

I have this working.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In ISE 2.2, you would use 2 Authorization Rules for this.  One for CON1 and one for C

Thanks for your reply. Is this changed in ISE 2.3? I have seen the condition part was redesigned?

Yes, in 2.3 you can use both AND and OR operators in the same rule.  Here is an example:

In this example, you MUST match the first condition AND either the second OR third.

AND_OR.PNG

You could also switch the operators so that you match either the first condition OR the second AND third conditions.

I have this working.

Thanks !!!