cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ise 2.3.0298 patch 1 to 3 ntp issue

Meuserid1979
Level 1
Level 1

this is a fresh ise installation. the ntp is already configured but when issuing show ntp below is what i can get:

configured ntp servers:

<ntp ip address>

unable to talk to NTP daemon. Is it running?

% To Restart NTP do 'no ntp server' followed by 'ntp server <servername> in configuration mode'

so i did that. conf t then no ntp server <ip address> but after issuing this command below message will show up :

%Warning: Cannot remove NTP Server as at least one is required

i checked the show run despite of the message and  the ntp server line is still there. so what option do i have now? 

please help. starting to lose confidence deploying ise. 

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

sounds bizarre.  I have never seen this before.  That might be a 2.3 "feature" .. if you know what I mean ;-)  I have just tested that in ISE 2.4 and you can run remove the NTP server from the CLI without issues.

Call TAC. Or ditch 2.3 and rebuild with 2.4

yeah you are right, it could be one of the many friendly features that ise doesnt want to let go. sadly for this deployment the contract has already expired so its unlikely that i can open a tac.
reason behind deploying 2.3 is because we need to match the current working nodes.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: