Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.3 device administration with RSA and Internal

bfoulks
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I am installing ISE 2.3.  We have a requirement to utilize the internal user database for READWRITE access and the RSA 2FA for the READONLY to our cisco environment.  I was able to do this on my other network with ACS, but a can't figure out how to on ISE.  I know it has to do with the device admin policy set, but I just cant figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So based on your link, I was able to work out what 2.3 was looking for.  I had to create an authentication rule tied to a condition using the tacacs:user tied to internal and then the default tied to RSA.  I then created the two authorization polices one using a internal condition for the R/W and the network_authentication_passed condition for the RSA for R/O.

Thanks Nidhi for pointing me in the right direction .

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thank you for the response.  That looks similar to how I did it is ACS.  Can you help clarify what it would look like in 2.3? I am very confused by its logic and design requirements.

So based on your link, I was able to work out what 2.3 was looking for.  I had to create an authentication rule tied to a condition using the tacacs:user tied to internal and then the default tied to RSA.  I then created the two authorization polices one using a internal condition for the R/W and the network_authentication_passed condition for the RSA for R/O.

Thanks Nidhi for pointing me in the right direction .

Would be great if you can share your notes with the community ☺

Thanks!