cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 : ERS Online SDK : error running :Use Cases 'Change password' Python script : CRUD operation exception

gillessapene
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run the Use Cases 'Change password' Python script and I getting the error message : CRUD operation exception

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37\gilles>python change-password.py
Header:
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate
Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
Set-Cookie: JSESSIONIDSSO=91C476392912A50CFB768B8BD2DB6704; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: APPSESSIONID=E80055AF89A5AC1699D745A93811D991; Path=/ers; Secure; HttpOnly
Pragma: no-cache
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 09:54:18 GMT
Content-Type: application/json;charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 352
Connection: close
Server:

Body:
{
  "ERSResponse" : {
    "operation" : "PUT-update-internaluser",
    "messages" : [ {
      "type" : "ERROR",
      "code" : "CRUD operation exception"
    } ],
    "link" : {
      "rel" : "related",
      "href" : "https://xx.xx.xx.xx:9060/ers/config/internaluser/11d2fbff-fa22-4a67-b13f-ed7f033245c2",
      "type" : "application/xml"
    }
  }
}

I was wondering if it is related to the  "name" which is set in the json :

req_body_json = """  {{
    "InternalUser" : {{
        "id" : "{}",
        "name" : "noenable",
        "password" : "{}",
        "customAttributes" : {{
        }}
    }}
}}
""".format(user_id,new_passwd)

"noenable" is the tacacs identity which corresponds to the id .

Has someone already had this error message. It seems to be a generic error.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gillessapene
Level 1
Level 1

I think that I have found the issue.

you need to PUT the entire json and not only the pasword and enablePassword values else it will empty the missing values (exemple : the firstname value will be replaced with "" , same for the lastname value).

That means that , would you like to change the password of the tacacs account : xxx

1) run a GEt internaluser filtered with xxx; you will get the id 

2) run a GET internaluser/id; you will get the account detail in a json format. Just change the value of "password" and "enablePassword" with the new ones.

3) run a PUT internaluser/id and pass the updated json.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

gillessapene
Level 1
Level 1

I think that I have found the issue.

you need to PUT the entire json and not only the pasword and enablePassword values else it will empty the missing values (exemple : the firstname value will be replaced with "" , same for the lastname value).

That means that , would you like to change the password of the tacacs account : xxx

1) run a GEt internaluser filtered with xxx; you will get the id 

2) run a GET internaluser/id; you will get the account detail in a json format. Just change the value of "password" and "enablePassword" with the new ones.

3) run a PUT internaluser/id and pass the updated json.

Hope it helps

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree with you that the error message is not helpful. Below working for me to change the password:

{
  "InternalUser" : {
    "id" : "myInternalUser-01-UUID",
    "name" : "myInternalUser-01",
    "password" : "newPassword^123"
  }
} 

Yes it will work with your json file, but it will empty the missing fields ( first name, last name,..) 

Hsing,

If this is true that the REST API blanks out the other attributes, there should be a bug filed on this behavior.  That is not how the other update functions work.  The update function should only update the attributes specified in the REST call.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: