cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 + iOS + AUP as-link problems

scott.stapleton
Level 1
Level 1

Since upgrading to 2.4 patch 9 (from 2.3 patch 4), clicking on the as-link, AUP on a sponsored guest portal on iOS does not result in any action; that is, I am not taken to the AUP page; I just stay on the login page. Android, Win7, Win10, etc. are fine. I've tried the identical AUP HTML that I am using in my lab ISE and I have the same issue on 2.4 (no patches). This is within the CNA; if I open Safari and try, it works fine. I've replaced the HTML with a basic AUP (i.e. - no explicit HTML, just the word test) and I have the same issue, so the HTML itself isn't causing an issue.

The Contact Support link works fine.

This issue occurs on both iOS 11 and iOS 12, on both iPads and iPhones.

On-page AUP or bypassing the CNA are not acceptable works arounds.

Could someone running 2.4 (any patch level it seems) please confirm that they can open the AUP link on iOS 11/12, within the CNA mini-browser. This will help me direct my trouble-shooting.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This started with iOS 10.3.1. I believe the Apple CNA (Captive Network Assistant) was updated with more restriction on java script and that portion of the script is not being allowed. I suggest using page based AUP instead, however if you would like to get it addressed, I can create a defect that you can file TAC SR against.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This started with iOS 10.3.1. I believe the Apple CNA (Captive Network Assistant) was updated with more restriction on java script and that portion of the script is not being allowed. I suggest using page based AUP instead, however if you would like to get it addressed, I can create a defect that you can file TAC SR against.

Cheers - I suspected this was a CNA issue that was triggered by a change in ISE which sounds like the case.

If you could log a defect I will log a TAC case.

FYI, two workarounds:

1. Use 'On page' option in the login page

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.14.45 AM.png

2. use page based AUP in a separate page instead:

Screen Shot 2019-08-07 at 11.15.55 AM.png

Cheers.

I'm familiar with those alternatives but they're not acceptable.

Whilst this is a change on Apple's side, this iOS version has been out for almost 2.5 years so it seems strange this hasn't been fixed yet (in ISE).

Please open a TAC SR and have them reference CSCvq85414. Should be visible to you in a day or two.

Were you able to resolve this issue?  We have this same problem and are on ISE 2.4 Patch 11.  With AUP as a link, we get the 400 error on Apple clients using the captive network assistant

@awatson20 wrote:

Were you able to resolve this issue?  We have this same problem and are on ISE 2.4 Patch 11.  With AUP as a link, we get the 400 error on Apple clients using the captive network assistant

Adam thanks for bringing this up again and also opening your TAC case. Would be good to see what others are experiencing

Still no fix yet to this issue.  TAC is addressing, and working with ISE Development group.

Its just a link like the others. So it should be compatible I would think, otherwise its a defect. @scott.stapleton  would be good for you to log a customer found defect with TAC as that will get better priority. Please do keep us updated

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please do get a tac case open

awatson20
Level 4
Level 4

Curious what you did to get around this issue?  Did you implement the AUP as a page instead of a link?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: