cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Licensing

Scott_22
Level 1
Level 1

Is a new license required to upgrade 2.1.x to 2.4?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Not exactly. If you're running ISE hardware and have SNS3515/3595 appliances you don't need to do anything. If you are hardware and on 3400's or older then you won't be on 2.4 supported hardware.

If you're running ISE VM's then you need to convert your existing right to use VM licenses to 2.4+ VM licenses. The process to do this is really simple, you email ise-vm-license@cisco.com with your relevant Cisco sales order numbers. You will be issued a new PAK with the same number of new VM medium licenses that you own. You can do this before or after your upgrade without impact.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-24/213171-ise-2-4-upgrade-alarms-fewer-vm-license.html
"If you are planning to upgrade to Release 2.4, contact ise-vm-license@cisco.com with sales order numbers that include VM purchase to procure one medium VM license for each VM previously purchased. You should also include your CCOID along with the sales order number. Alias is only for previously purchased customers who wish to upgrade to 2.4 and need PAKs. New customers are expected to channel their purchases through direct sales or partners who will walk them through the regular buying process."

View solution in original post

Also Device Admin license is per node in 2.4, but if you have Device Administration license currently you will get 50 2.4 device admin licenses.  I would encourage you to convert to Smart Licensing when going to 2.4.  Smart Licensing makes things easier going forward in my opinion.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Not exactly. If you're running ISE hardware and have SNS3515/3595 appliances you don't need to do anything. If you are hardware and on 3400's or older then you won't be on 2.4 supported hardware.

If you're running ISE VM's then you need to convert your existing right to use VM licenses to 2.4+ VM licenses. The process to do this is really simple, you email ise-vm-license@cisco.com with your relevant Cisco sales order numbers. You will be issued a new PAK with the same number of new VM medium licenses that you own. You can do this before or after your upgrade without impact.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine-24/213171-ise-2-4-upgrade-alarms-fewer-vm-license.html
"If you are planning to upgrade to Release 2.4, contact ise-vm-license@cisco.com with sales order numbers that include VM purchase to procure one medium VM license for each VM previously purchased. You should also include your CCOID along with the sales order number. Alias is only for previously purchased customers who wish to upgrade to 2.4 and need PAKs. New customers are expected to channel their purchases through direct sales or partners who will walk them through the regular buying process."

Also Device Admin license is per node in 2.4, but if you have Device Administration license currently you will get 50 2.4 device admin licenses.  I would encourage you to convert to Smart Licensing when going to 2.4.  Smart Licensing makes things easier going forward in my opinion.

Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: