cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Live log : The repeat count never increments.

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

For each authentication , successfull ou failed, I see a new log, in live logs menu.
The repeat count never increments.
And also, I do no see the two entries: authentication record and the session record, as it was in ISE 2.2.

I use the default setting:in >Admin>Setting>Protocole>Radius setting:
-Suppress repeated failed client : Checked
-Suppress repeated successful authentication : Checked

Allthough in admin guide ise 2.4, it is written:

"When a single endpoint authenticates successfully, two entries appear in the Live Authentications page: one
corresponding to the authentication record and another corresponding to the session record (pulled from
session live view). Subsequently, when the device performs another successful authentication, the repeat
counter corresponding to the session record is incremented. The Repeat Counter that appears in the Live
Authentications page shows the number of duplicate radius authentication success messages that are suppressed."

Do I forget to setup something ?

Michel Misonne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like your suppression setting is not in effect.. Would suggest you to get it checked with TAC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Repeat counter is per endpoint. If the same endpoint authenticates again and again successfully without any change in the RADIUS request attributes and the endpoint profile, those authentications are suppressed and the repeat counters will start incrementing for that endpoint.

Are you saying that even when the same endpoint authenticates, the repeat counter doesn't increment? You might also want to check the calling-stzation-ID attribute sent in the RADIUS Auth and Acct requests.

HI

Yes , for example, I have a PC connected to a switch.

If I disconnect this PC tree times in a minute, I will see 3 identical logs in Live Logs menu..

[cid:image001.png@01D490B9.C0C32130]

Here is my radius settings:

[cid:image002.png@01D490B9.C0C32130]

Looks like your suppression setting is not in effect.. Would suggest you to get it checked with TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: