Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 OVA deploy failing on OVA validation

ssokolic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI All,

I'm attempting to deploy a 2.4 ISE OVA here in our lab and I'm getting a validation error against the ova when selecting a compute resource, before I even try to actually deploy it. Just wondering if anyone's seen this before?

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 09.31.17.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I checked with the internal team and looks like this is a known issue. 

OVA templates are not compatible with VMware web client for vCenter 6.5. As a workaround, use the VMware OVF tool to import the OVA templates.

Thanks,

Nidhi

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ssokolic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I did check the md5 checksum for the file I downloaded and it does match what's up on the software download page.

I also get the same ova validation error on the eval 2.4 ova.

Do you have a TAC case opened for this ? Can you send me the SR number ?

Please open a TAC case if not already done 

Nidhi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I checked with the internal team and looks like this is a known issue. 

OVA templates are not compatible with VMware web client for vCenter 6.5. As a workaround, use the VMware OVF tool to import the OVA templates.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Is there any document or guidelines for this known issue? I’m going to work with our data center team to deploy 2.4 ova. For sure they will raise question. Any document will be helpful to facilitate my conversation. Thanks in advance. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: