cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4/P1 is not matching Radius Attributes anymore

alex.fritzsche
Level 4
Level 4

Our fresh ISE 2.4 with Patch 1 installed is not identifying the Radius attributes correctly anymore.

Oberving the Authentications coming from a foreign WLC for WPA2/802.1X Guest Wlan show

"NAS Port Type" 19 instead of "Wireless - IEEE 802.11"

and

"Service Type" 2 instead of "Framed"

--> in Live Logs "Auth Method" shows "2"...

--> this leads ISE is not identifying the smart condition "Wireless_802.1X" anymore!!

Authentication is enabled via PEAP and works, but Policy Set will not be considered by ISE if i let Wireless_802.1X as condition set.

is this a bug?

Cisco_comm.PNG

Can someone clarify the WLAN-configuration and differences for the WLC's is correct as follows (rest is standard) as i think there could be the problem:

Security > AAA Servers > AAA Authentication enabled for WLAN on foreign WLC and also on the Anchor WLC? Or should it be disabled on Anchor?

Security > AAA Servers > AAA Accounting for WLAN only enabled on foreign WLC with Interim Update Set to 0 (Clients are not roaming here, only one foreign WLC present) and Accounting for WLAN not enabled on Anchor WLC

Advanced > Radius Client Profiling enabled on foreign WLC only

Advanced > DHCP Addr.Assignment set to required on both foreign WLC and Anchor WLC (Achor does DHCP)

Session timout is enabled for the WLAN on both WLCs to 43200secs

Security > Layer 2> Authentication Key Management > FT 802.1X is enabled on foreign WLC  but not Anchor...but i don't know what that means really.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If not working with preconfigured condition after patch install, but working with identical custom condition, then recommend open TAC case.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

alex.fritzsche
Level 4
Level 4

EDIT:

If I build an own Wireless_802.1X condition (Radius NAS-Port-Type = Wireless - IEEE 802.11 and Radius Service-Type = Framed) it works...

So why is ISE not identifiying its own built-in conditions correctly??

If not working with preconfigured condition after patch install, but working with identical custom condition, then recommend open TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: