cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Policy Admin Node / TACACS Licensing

mmckeon22
Level 1
Level 1

Getting ready to order VM's and licensing for new ISE medium deployment (6 nodes). I know I will need (4) ISE Medium VM licenses for my PSN's. However, my question is around the licensing for my Policy Admin Nodes as well as adding the Device Admin TACACS function to them. Will I need to order (1) ISE Medium license as well as (1) Device Admin TACACS for these? Or can I just use the (1) Device Admin TACACS license to satisfy the VM licensing?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you only intend on using 2 PSN's for device admin. If you want to use device admin functionality on all four PSN's, then you need 4 device admin node licenses.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi @mmckeon22 ,

You have to purchase both VM and Device Admin license ( based on how many PSNs you are using for TACACS+, If only two you are going to use apart from the four, You have to procure 2 Device Admin license). 

Refer : Cisco ISE Licenses

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

@Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran so if I'm doing 6 nodes (2 PAN/MnT & 4 PSN) I would need the following:

(6) ISE Medium VM licences

(2) Device Admin TACACS

yes, Also please note at least 100 Base license required prior to install the device admin license.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

If you only intend on using 2 PSN's for device admin. If you want to use device admin functionality on all four PSN's, then you need 4 device admin node licenses.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: