Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.4 Policy using nas-port-id

Evanjrosado
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

looking out there to see if anyone has used RADIUS attribute, nas-port-id in an authorization policy to lock down switch port access to specific devices. We deployed a few Cisco, 12 port, 3560-CX switches in our conference rooms and have integrated them with our ISE 2.4 RADIUS servers. Here's an example of what i'm thinking of implementing. 

• Authentication
    • DOT1x with PEAP-EAP, MS-CHAPV2
  • Authorization
    • if device is in external group <AD group name>, and

• if nas-port-id is within range gigabitethernet0/1 through gigabitethernet0/10

• Authorization Result
    • DACL with access needed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I have done NAS port ID before as well.  You can also create a specific location or device type for these conference room switches to tie that into the rule as well.

One other though that works well is this:

1. Put the conference room ports on an Internet only VLAN.
  2. If Dot1x device plugs in, i.e. corporate device, move them to corporate VLAN.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I've used it in the lab to target a specific port with no issue, but never in production. From a policy perspective it works, you will have to decide if it works or not from a design perspective.

In the current state anything with port numbers would hit, I would still add network access device name/ip.

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I have done NAS port ID before as well.  You can also create a specific location or device type for these conference room switches to tie that into the rule as well.

One other though that works well is this:

1. Put the conference room ports on an Internet only VLAN.
  2. If Dot1x device plugs in, i.e. corporate device, move them to corporate VLAN.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: