cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.6 patch 3. Application patch installation failed; Server=ISE_node_1; Message=Patch 3 install timed out on node: ISE_node_2

cciesec2011
Level 3
Level 3
I have a two node deployments, Primary Admin/MNT/PSN and Secondary Admin/MNT/PSN running ISE version 2.6 patch 2. This morning when I attempted to patch them with patch 3. I see this message in console: Application patch installation failed; Server=ISE_node_1; Message=Patch 3 install timed out on node: ISE_node_2 When I ssh into ISE_node_2, I see this: sh ver Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 3.0 ADE-OS Build Version: 3.0.5.144 ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64 Copyright (c) 2005-2019 by Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Hostname: rdhnkisedev003 Version information of installed applications --------------------------------------------- Cisco Identity Services Engine --------------------------------------------- Version : 2.6.0.156 Build Date : Tue Feb 12 00:45:06 2019 Install Date : Thu Sep 26 18:40:08 2019 Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch --------------------------------------------- Version : 2 Install Date : Thu Sep 26 20:23:03 2019 Cisco Identity Services Engine Patch --------------------------------------------- Version : 3 Install Date : Wed Nov 13 15:25:51 2019 I look in the deployment status, everything looks good. Anyone know what the issue is?
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please open tac case

View solution in original post

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Pretty common "error" on all the 2.x versions most learnt to ignore. You get two alerts, one for sucsess and another for failed, in the end the patch installs correctly.

It looks like they tried to address it with 2.6 p2, but if you were on p2 going to p3 you shouldn't have seen it. If you had skipped 2.6 p2, then you would see this while installing patch 3, but not when you install patch 4 in the future.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg03526

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please open tac case

@Jason Kunst wrote:
Please open tac case

Thank you for pointing the obvious.

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Pretty common "error" on all the 2.x versions most learnt to ignore. You get two alerts, one for sucsess and another for failed, in the end the patch installs correctly.

It looks like they tried to address it with 2.6 p2, but if you were on p2 going to p3 you shouldn't have seen it. If you had skipped 2.6 p2, then you would see this while installing patch 3, but not when you install patch 4 in the future.
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg03526
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: