cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.7 upgrade : Sef-Registration Guest flow broken with the default international phone number pull-down

jpujol
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Anyone already experienced the new self-registration form with the "phone number as username option" ? 

- Before the upgrade to 2.7 (2.6FCS_P2) : in the required phone number self-registration form, the user enters his phone number with the international format without the + (because the provider doesn't want to manage the + character in the URL parameters). 

- After the upgrade to 2.7, the phone number is forced to the international format (+XX...) which prevents the URL to be sent properly to the SMS provider. 

I tried the script from the "ISE Guest Self-Registration form working with phone numbers" to change the format validation ; this  is taken in account (it works by advertising the expected format and validating an entry without the +) until you press the "REGISTER" button, and then you get an "invalid format" error message. 

So I suppose the script was written for 2.2 - 2.6, but isn't compatible anymore with some default validation done in 2.7.

How can we remove the + in the phone format to manage the phone number/ username as a pure number only ? 

By the way, the "use phone number as username" option in the portal configuration should enforce this capability, instead of displaying the option for the end user : no human being will understand what is it about, and will select this checkbox when entering the form. So, we need also a script to hide the text on the user form, and force the checkbox to true by default....

Since visitors are always in a hurry, copying the phone number from the registration form directly into the login page into the username field by the mean of a cookie would be welcomed also ... ;-)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a tac case as existing functionality is being broken. I want to bring this back to engineering. Likely we could setup a conference call with the tac and the product manager as well to see how we can avoid this issue and make it better

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open a tac case as existing functionality is being broken. I want to bring this back to engineering. Likely we could setup a conference call with the tac and the product manager as well to see how we can avoid this issue and make it better

I also want to setup meeting with interesting parties, please ask the TAC to include me on the case

liboucher
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just upgrade a client's standalone ISE from 2.2 to 2.7 and encounter the same problem : the users must now write +33 before their phone number when they want to register.

It is annoying for the client. I have tested the scripts given by Jason (and checked if javascript modification was accepted by ISE) but it does not change anything.

I must add that the portal was made by ISE Portal Builder. Is it why the script has no effect ?

Secondly, the portal used by the client is in French version, but there are issues with the French Portal ISE page, I cannot made any change because of an "invalid input format detected (html)" error.

I have tried on the English version though from a duplicate of the proper portal that I configured to use the English version and it was no better.

I see here that you have opened a TAC for this. Have you got any news that might help ?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: