Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: 3515 appliance and redundant power supply

florian_bois
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I saw that 3515 appliances comes with only one psu.

Is it possible to order a redundant power supply? If yes, it is supported by cisco?

Where can we order this redundant psu?

Thank you very much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes. Please ensure to return 1 PSU in case of RMA an SNS 3515.

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From Table 3 of the Ordering Guide:

PSU.PNG

The Ordering Guide can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/guide_c07-656177.pdf

As you can see, the PSU is orderable using the SKU in the table and is supported by Cisco.

florian_bois
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. But I should rephrase my question.

3515 appliances come with only one psu. 3595 appliances come with redundant psu.

I would like to order a 3515 appliance with redundant psu. May I order the UCSC-PSU1-770W and add it as a redundant PSU to the 3515 appliance (and not as spare). And is this 3515 appliance with these redundant PSU supported by Cisco support?

Thank you very much for your answer.

Yes. Please ensure to return 1 PSU in case of RMA an SNS 3515.

The above solution doesn't address the Original Post's question.

The SNS 3515 is installed on a UCS C220 M4 Server.

According to the UCS C220 M4 hardware installation guide found here: C220 M4 HW Install Guide 

The PSU's are Hot Pluggable - even though it is not super clear, anyone with some server experience will know that you could just slide it in and should come up.  Later in this thread someone confirm that it works and comes up on CIMC.  I haven't verified that much yet.

For confirmation on what you should buy look here SNS Ordering Guide - even though the C220 M4 can support the 1050 W DC - PSU, most likely your version of the the SNS 35xx came with the 770W.  But check it out first, and you can by looking at the plug.

Check Figure 3-32 and Figure 3-33 in the HW install guide.

* Regular C13 plug (PC type) is 770W

* The weird one is the 1050W DC

Hope this helps you.

Thanks

Sam Park

I have the same issue , can you point me out to what you did to get the redundant PSU ?

did you order the UCSC-PSU1-770W and add it as a redundant PSU to the 3515 appliance ?

Is there a way to view power supply information for the 3515 appliance other than physical inspection of the appliances?  I am not able to find the information via show inventory or show tech-support.  

john5 - That is the PN we ordered for the redundant power supply: UCSC-PSU1-770W

cnegrete
Level 1
Level 1
Sorry to bump this thread, but we just got a spare power supply for an SNS-3515, plugged it in, and we don't know if it's working.
The last log entry in CIMC is: "BIOS_POST_CMPLT: Presence sensor, Device Inserted / Device Present was asserted"
But the power supply does not appear in the CIMC inventory page.
I don't want to think of this, but, perhaps Cisco has limited the SNS-3515 to use just one power supply? Or should I RMA it?
Thanks

Not restricted by SNS itself, AFAIK. I would suggest to schedule a downtime to test the power supply redundancy and, if any issue, open a case with Cisco TAC.

Hello, I would like to avoid ordering them if they are not going to work. I will open a TAC case to find out. Thank you

cperkins2
Level 1
Level 1
I am also looking to find out if the 3515s support a second power supply. Thanks!

Any update here?

Can a customer can add a second PSU to the 3515 for redundancy. If they put a second one in, will it work like the 3595?

The 2nd PSN should provide redundancy.

Nadav
Level 7
Level 7

I can confirm that a redundant PSU works just fine with the 3515.

You can see its status from the sensors menu in the CIMC. Relevant SNMP traps are sent when the PSU is offline and when it's returned online.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: