cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

ISE 2.4 Patch 7 is available! View the ISE 2.4 Release Notes and Download!

Choose one of the topics below for ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Cisco Employee

ISE and CentOS users authentication

Hi, 

I'm testing some features of ISE.  We would like to configure some CentOS servers to use RADIUS or TACACS authentication/authorization in ISE.   We know that we don't have TACACS support in Linux, we found some customs libraries but we prefer to use RADIUS.  We found some PAM libraries for that but I would like to know if anyone has an examples or configuration to check it.

The objective is to use ISE as central authentication and authorization server for all systems in a customer infrastructure.  The customer has network devices that use TACACS and other important services installed on CentOS.

Any suggestion, comment or configuration example ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: ISE and CentOS users authentication

Hi,

I know there are some who have successfully used RADIUS instead of TACACS+ for authentication.  Unfortunately, we don't have a guide specific to CentOS.  I would search around and see if there is an example for user authentication using RADIUS for linux operating systems.

Regards,

-Tim

5 REPLIES 5
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I know there are some who have successfully used RADIUS instead of TACACS+ for authentication.  Unfortunately, we don't have a guide specific to CentOS.  I would search around and see if there is an example for user authentication using RADIUS for linux operating systems.

Regards,

-Tim

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Thx a lot Timothy, let me know if you find any document, example or test, it would be great.
Thx again.
Cisco Employee

You’re welcome. If we create one, it will be posted here in the communities. I would give google a try to see if there is a guide somewhere else.

Regards,
-Tim
Rising star

Cisco Employee

Thx marce1000, Just a note, in this procedure (I´ve seen this note in others links with PAM modules for RADIUS), you need to create the user in Linux.
Is there any PAM module for RADIUS which don´t need to create the user locally ?