Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE and SMTP to cloud provider

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi 

since ISE doesn't support authenticated mail setup, how does one go about integrating with a cloud mail provider like Office365?

Does this involve having to whitelist an IP address on O365 Mail Server? And if so, I suppose that means whitelisting the public IP address range of the customer/organisation?  How does this work in reality?  In the enterprise we can whitelist the IP's of the ISE nodes to make exceptions for this oversight.

Why can't we just have a decent SMTP setup like everyone else?  Even Cisco's own Prime Infrastructure does this better than ISE.  meanwhile we're pouring ISE 2.5 efforts into IPv6 that nobody cares about ... I don't get it.  Just make the basic stuff work please.  One day, in 2020 the world will rejoice when ISE gets a proper SMTP implementation ... it will be hailed as an innovative "new feature" with much fanfare, when in fact, it was just a long-overdue basic requirement.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

packetplumber9
Level 1
Level 1

At my last engagement we setup an internal SMTP relay for all devices that were unable to authenticate to online services such as o365.  That relay then handles the aggregation of email from legacy devices and authenticates into o365 for email delivery. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Please send feedback to the PMs through feedback tool. They don’t see it here

Hi @Jason Kunst - at the risk of repeating myself, I am sure I have raised this before.  But in the first instance perhaps someone can show me the error of my way.  

Why does this even require a customer/partner sending a request to a PM?  It's just common sense.  The BU should come up wit ideas like this themselves.  A kid on the internet could have coded this in 1 day.

Again venting here is not going to go anywhere. The PMs have the list and can answer your query

packetplumber9
Level 1
Level 1

At my last engagement we setup an internal SMTP relay for all devices that were unable to authenticate to online services such as o365.  That relay then handles the aggregation of email from legacy devices and authenticates into o365 for email delivery. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: