Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE application server not starting

nikhilcherian
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

I am running ISE 2.2 with patch 3, when I executed application stop ise, I saw the below logs

Error response from daemon: no such id: irf-core-engine-runtimeirf-core-engine-runtime is not running

Error response from daemon: no such id: irf-rabbitmq-runtimeirf-rabbitmq-runtime is not running

Error response from daemon: no such id: irf-mongo-runtimeirf-mongo-runtime is not running

When I start ise again (application start ise), the application server is stuck in initialization, Is there anything I can check

Regards

Nikhil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arnabha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil

Have you tried 'application start ise safe' ? If this doesn't work I would suggest a reset-config and if this still doesn't work you may have to perform a reimage.

If you are going for a reset config you may need to generate CSR again unless you have backed up a copy certificates with private key.

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

arnabha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nikhil

Have you tried 'application start ise safe' ? If this doesn't work I would suggest a reset-config and if this still doesn't work you may have to perform a reimage.

If you are going for a reset config you may need to generate CSR again unless you have backed up a copy certificates with private key.

Thanks

Also it would be nice to investigate with the TAC to get a bug if needed

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The messages on irf are expected when TC-NAC disabled. However, ISE should be able to start correctly.

This is what I observed in my setup

1>>I have two boxes running ISE 2.2 patch 3.

2>>I broke the HA for upgrade and didn't join HA back, the boxes are independent now

3>> I am mainly using the ISE boxes for Wireless CWA guest authentication.

4>> I have opened the admin console ( GUI for the ISE box) from Mozilla browser

5>> The ISE boxes are getting requests from the wireless controller for guest authentication

6>> I change the host name of the ISE, which restart the ISE application,

7>> When ISE receives the CWA request from the wireless controller during application restart, this crashes the ISE application

I observed this behavior with both my boxes and had to re-image

Regars

Nikhil

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: