cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE authentication/session logs after implementing Fast roaming

xtreme
Level 1
Level 1

After impingement fast roaming, we only get session logs for client devices after the first authentication, Is it possible to send that to an external Syslog server?  I do not see any information related to session under the logging category. We still want to track devices as they roam from one AP to another.

xtreme

2 Replies 2

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I think you would have to check on logging that on the wireless side.  There isn't an authentication event any more on a roam when you get fast roaming working.  I haven't looked to see if there is an accounting event though.  Check the RADIUS Accounting report and track a MAC address to see if there is any accounting data sent on a roam.  My guess is no.

Hi Paul,

I can the session logs in ISE (live authentication) when the client devices moves from one AP to another ..It gets updated as the device roams. But when I go to logging section in ISE..the session is not listed under the logging categories. Will verify the acct data while roaming.

Xtreme.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: