cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

ISE authentication/session logs after implementing Fast roaming

After impingement fast roaming, we only get session logs for client devices after the first authentication, Is it possible to send that to an external Syslog server?  I do not see any information related to session under the logging category. We still want to track devices as they roam from one AP to another.

xtreme

2 REPLIES 2
VIP Engager

Re: ISE authentication/session logs after implementing Fast roaming

I think you would have to check on logging that on the wireless side.  There isn't an authentication event any more on a roam when you get fast roaming working.  I haven't looked to see if there is an accounting event though.  Check the RADIUS Accounting report and track a MAC address to see if there is any accounting data sent on a roam.  My guess is no.

Highlighted
Beginner

Re: ISE authentication/session logs after implementing Fast roaming

Hi Paul,

I can the session logs in ISE (live authentication) when the client devices moves from one AP to another ..It gets updated as the device roams. But when I go to logging section in ISE..the session is not listed under the logging categories. Will verify the acct data while roaming.

Xtreme.