Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Backup Failing

csosup
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have an issue where our configuration backup for ISE will fail most of the time saying either failed to copy to the repository (which is on a Windows server) or it will say back up aborted, the operational backup which happens daily and goes to the same repository works fine every night. Both the ISE appliance and Windows repository server are virtual and on the same host, so i am confused why  the config back up will fail both on its scheduled back up and if i do an on-demand backup.

We we first started having this is the file system was full with old backups (before we push them out to the repository) so they were all deleted and as it stands we have the below space free

Internal filesystems:
/ : 60% used ( 102572040 of 180476204)
/dev/shm : 0% used ( 0 of 8167076)
/boot : 7% used ( 29623 of 481764)
/storedconfig : 2% used ( 1583 of 89231)
/tmp : 1% used ( 3312 of 1975372)
all internal filesystems have sufficient free space

We are running version  2.0.0.306 as well if that helps.

All has been fine for over a year and then suddenly its just stopped backing up the config on a regular basis

18 Replies 18

Hello,

I am running version 2.6 patch 1,2,3 and having the same issue it will not finish the backup.  It starts it and then drops at 60% or 80%.

Any ideas?

Thank you

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please open TAC SR if you have not already to find root cause. Please note that since EoL dates were announced for 2.0, some fixes may only be addressed in later versions of ISE:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/bulletin-c25-741733.html

Thats the issue we dont have any support for ISE. 

I think we might have to bite the bullet and get some now for the first time

We are facing exactly the same problem ..Running ise2.2 patch 12.  Backup fails at the point of copying file to the server. Has this actually been fixed in patch 14? Are we hitting CSCvi21737 ? 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: