cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE + BYOD + Android 8, 9 support + Network setup assistant (NSA) latest version release date ETA

maychida
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Any leads on the next updated version of NSA (Network Support Assistant) that supports BYOD on Android 8 and 9.

The last updated version is : 2.2.0.54 dated 2 February 2017

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Everyone,

The latest update that I have received on this from escalation team (BU) is as below:

• This bug will be fixed along with ISE 2.5 version which is tentative Dec 2018. Fix for Bug: CSCvi77015 is from client side only meaning from the NSA side only.
  • No fix is needed from ISE; however, the reason for this bug being fixed with ISE 2.5 release is because, Cisco development may probably use some dependent packages from ISE 2.5 environment and will then compile the NSA and then release an updated version of NSA.

Note: NSA installation will not depend on the ISE.

-

Regards,

M

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

kvenkata1
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't see the version number indicated in ISE 2.4 Network Component Compatibility note & that is the latest version.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/compatibility/b_ise_sdt_24.html

- Krish

Hi Krish,

The mentioned link doesnt say anything about Android 8 or 9. ISE 2.4 support BYOD ONBoarding however, we have seen issues with Android 8 and 9.

We also have a bug opened for BYOD OnBoarding with Android 8 and 9 - CSCvi77015.

The fix for this bug was an updated version of NSA; however, i dont see any version released post NSA version 2.2.0.54 dated 2 February 2017.

Hence raised this community page.

Hello Everyone,

The latest update that I have received on this from escalation team (BU) is as below:

• This bug will be fixed along with ISE 2.5 version which is tentative Dec 2018. Fix for Bug: CSCvi77015 is from client side only meaning from the NSA side only.
  • No fix is needed from ISE; however, the reason for this bug being fixed with ISE 2.5 release is because, Cisco development may probably use some dependent packages from ISE 2.5 environment and will then compile the NSA and then release an updated version of NSA.

Note: NSA installation will not depend on the ISE.

-

Regards,

M

Appreciate the update! Thanks.

- Krish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: