Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE BYOD | Missing Root Cert in iOS Certificate Trust Settings

bcotaz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Configuring ISE(2.4) BYOD Single SSID with iPhone IOS version 12.3.1 using Self-signed certificate.

In Step 3 of the BYOD portal, i clicked "Launch Apple Profile and Certificate Installation Now" , it is showing Download Failed.

To manually trust the installed Certificate profile, in the iPhone i went to Settings > General > About > Certificate Trust Settings. But the Certificate is not listed so I cannot approve it.

Anybody experiencing the same problem?

Thank you,

Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It may be due to profile popup happening back to back. There is initial profile you need to install which is probably self-signed cert profile and then another for the NSP profile. Make sure the self-signed cert profile is installed in the profile section first. Then head to the About > Certificate Trust Settings.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-byod-endpoint-notes/ta-p/3857246#toc-hId--1691018957

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Normally you should get there the ISE certificate presented when connecting to your SSID.
Have you tried removed your device from ISE, clean your profiles and try again?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It may be due to profile popup happening back to back. There is initial profile you need to install which is probably self-signed cert profile and then another for the NSP profile. Make sure the self-signed cert profile is installed in the profile section first. Then head to the About > Certificate Trust Settings.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-documents/ise-byod-endpoint-notes/ta-p/3857246#toc-hId--1691018957

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: